Thursday, April 07, 2005

Party Election Broadcast

After interviews, discussion, debate and some logistical hassle, the Party Election Broadcast (PEB) is coming together nicely. We are lucky enough to have Alex Cox, the well regarded independent film director (Sid and Nancy, Revenger's Tragedy) doing our PEB and it is very, very good. I know I'm biased, but I am really looking forward to seeing the impact it has when it hits the screens. The fact that a very well known British band are willing to let us use one of their songs is also going to generate more than a bit of publicity.

We've booked our launch date for the 13th April here in Liverpool, and I hope to be able to pre-screen the PEB along with giving the audience the opportunity to pose questions and make recommendations about the issues we should be highlighting in this campaign.

My nomination papers are due to arrive tomorrow and my agent is picking up the register. I am also desperate to get into some local campaigning. Merseyside TUC are leafleting in support of the RMT tomorrow and Saturday and I'm not going to be able to do either day due to work and PEB editing tmw and our Green Party Executive meeting on Saturday. This is the point at which being involved nationally gets frustrating, because you miss out on doing the things on the ground which are the real essence of politics.